Business Advisory Services FAQs (2)
We are able to advise you on all sorts of business issues including:
- business process optimization – are you using your time and energy in the most efficient ways
- business plan development – how to take an idea and make it into a business
- business set up – what kind of business should you be setting up and how do you get it set up
- accounting training for you and your staff
Let us know what’s on your mind and we will tell you how we can help.
Cloud Accounting FAQs (5)
“The Cloud” just refers to software programs that run on the internet, where the program and the data are stored securely on the internet. Think of it like your gmail account (or yahoo, or icloud) – you get into your email by going onto the internet, going to the gmail login page and putting in your user id and password. Cloud accounting works the same way – the program and all of your data is securely stored on the internet and you can access it anytime, anywhere, from any device (as long as you have an internet connection!).
We are big fans of cloud accounting and have partnered with Quickbooks Online to offer our customers significant savings.
Cloud accounting offers many benefits over the traditional software model.
- You don’t need to worry about technical issues. As the software is stored on the cloud (i.e. internet), you never have to worry about your computer crashing or getting a virus.
- You don’t need to worry about software upgrades. Quickbooks Online takes care of all upgrades and security patches for you. Your software is always up to date.
- Your data is secure. You don’t have to worry about safeguarding your data from hackers – Quickbooks Online takes care of that. Your data is very securely stored and encrypted with 128-bit technology (the same used by online banking). You also never have to worry about backing up your data – Quickbooks Online takes care of that too.
- You are no longer chained to your desk. Because you can access your books anywhere that you have an internet connection, you can work from your home, car, boat, plane, a beach in the Caribbean, your mother-in-laws’s house, the local Starbucks, or wherever tickles your fancy. You can even access your data from your phone
- Similarly we are no longer chained to your desk. We can access your data and do your books from wherever we happen to be as well. You are not paying us to drive to your office, you don’t need to worry about finding us a desk to work at. And you don’t need to waste your time coming to our office.
- Your information is at your fingertips – literally. You can see your favourite reports instantly from wherever you are, even on your phone. Need to know right now which customer has not yet paid you – it’s there. Need to see if you have paid that bill yet? The answer is one click away. Love to watch your income grow each month on a graph that’s blue? We can do that.
- Cloud accounting is also paperless. Think of all the trees your are saving.
- And, probably most important for you – it’s far more economical than traditional software. You know exactly what your monthly cost is, and never have to worry about unexpected expenses like hardware breakdowns or outdated unsupported software.
It is very safe! It’s safer than traditional accounting software loaded onto your own computer. You never have to worry about your computer getting a virus or crashing because no data is stored on it.
Of course, you do need to maintain good security over your password. But if you ever used online banking or even had a Facebook account you should already be practicing good password security.
Well, everyone is afraid of something. Here at LG Britton we are scared of spiders.
We can take care of that for you! We will get you set up and ready to go easily. We can even train your staff if you need us to.
Corporate Tax FAQs (2)
CRA requires you to file a return every year, even if your corporation had no income.
The cost varies depending on complexity and number of schedules and research required. Generally speaking a nil return (no income in the period) starts at $500.
If we are also doing the accounting for the business we will bundle your corporate tax return into the monthly cost for your accounting.
Quote are always free so contact us today to discuss your corporate tax requirements.
Personal Tax FAQs (3)
CRA requires you to fill in a tax return every year, even if you have no income. If you’ve missed a few years, we can help you get caught up. Contact us today and we will talk you through it.
Generally speaking we will want to see your previous year’s tax return and Notice of Assessment, as well as all of your tax slips and relevant receipts for the current year. Contact us and we will send you a handy checklist to help you get organized. In most cases you can send us all of your documentation electronically as well.
Each client is different, so there is no one set price. Generally prices start at $50 per person ($90 per couple) for a very simple return with two or three slips each. More complex returns – personal businesses, employment expenses, rental properties, etc – are more expensive and the price will depend on the amount of work required to prepare the additional schedules but typically starts at an additional $100 per schedule.
Contact us and we will provide you with a free quote for your return.